Shanna and Tony

Lots of new photos coming soon from my recent trip through California, but my big reason for coming back to San Diego was my first wedding of '09, Tony and Shanna.

Shanna and I met a few years ago, and I always liked her very much. She wrote me last August about an engagement portrait session with Tony, whom she had recently become engaged with. We met in the Gaslamp District of San Diego for the portraits, and it only took a few minutes with her and Tony to know that I wanted to be a part of their wedding as well. Tony matches her perfectly - a handsome guy with a heart of gold. I marked the calendar for January 10.





A moment of prayer before the ceremony.


You can't plan these things. I was looking for an establishing shot of the guests arriving for the ceremony when this little mop of yellow hair sticks out of the greenery and plants on the cutest grin.



This was why I wanted to shoot this wedding. Two shots below this, you see Tony reading his written vows to her as she wipes her eyes. In the middle of a sentence he cuts himself off and says, "Shanna, I just love you so stinkin' much!" To which the whole crowd, myself included, lights up in laughter.











It's been a while since I've seen a good cake fight. These two were scrappy.



1 Comentário:

San Diego wedding flowers by Splendid Sentiments said...

Hi Michael,
I am the florist that worked on Shanna's wedding. You are amaizing!! Your photography is simply stunning!! And I hope you will not mind if I put your name out there!! I can't wait for more pictures!!